We’ve spent the last week running around the streets and bars of Manchester Fly53 style (like lunatics) shooting for our upcoming AW13 campaign. In between the models, tears and beers we kept a visual diary of of our three day mission to give you a peek behind the scenes of how we put our infamous imagery together.
Fly53 Shoot team, just arrived in Manchester.
Day 1: After a spot of breakfast (Full English) Sid’s chuffed to be up bright and early. Not. It’s fucking freezing but we’re ready to rock come rain or shine.
With a footwear range set to launch with our new season as well as a whole new collection we’ve turned the streets of Manchester into a walk-in wardrobe.
Day 2: We’re on Oxford road soaking up the graff scene in the area and using it as a backdrop to the upcoming collection.
Maybe not this wall tho?
Day 3: Jamie, Sid and photographer Mark, downstairs in the Deaf Institute Manchester.
Love quality threads, incredible customer service and family run businesses? Zutti is the place for you. Set in Oldham, greater Manchester, the former home of all things fluffy and distinguished architecturally by its long surviving cotton mills. We had a word with Zack, owner of Zutti and general retail champ, who let us know the secrets behind Zutti’s success.
1. Customers are ALWAYS No.1 – Zutti’s main focus both online and offline, has always been ‘exceptional customer service’. The vast majority of customers are repeat and Zack knows almost all by first name. He is also able to buy in specific one offs at request.
2. Always keep your image fresh – Zutti has recently updated their logo (below) and just doubled the size of their menswear department.
3. Get some friends in high places – Zutti is regularly visited by a number of players from the Manchester united and Man city first 11. So get down there, buy your favourite Fly53 gear and get it signed by a famous face all in one day.
4. Familys are key – Established in 1980, Zutti is a family run business with ‘over 2 generations behind it’.
5. Accessibility – Zutti has its own in house car park for ease of access.
There’s not much else to say but get your ass down to Zutti in Oldham, Its well worth a trip.
Check out the store below. Click on either image to go to Zutti.com
From the outside
From the inside